The overall mission of the Energy Division, as the State Energy Office, is to increase energy efficiency, reduce energy consumption, promote energy-efficiency and renewable-energy technologies, make energy efficiency more affordable for low-income residents, and to aid low-income households, especially those with vulnerable populations such as elderly, disabled and young children, with the increasing costs of home energy.
The Energy Division includes an array of programs and information to further its mission, including:
- State Energy Program
- Alabama Energy and Residential Codes
- Alabama Emergency and Assurance Plan
- State Buildings Program
- Alternative Transportation Fuels Program
- Local Government Energy Loan Program
- Industrial Energy Efficiency Program
- Weatherization Assistance Program
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
News / Announcements
ADECA's Energy Division is a major sponsor of Alabama's Better Living Expo, and registration is now open. The 2015 Expo will be held February 17-18 at the Montgomery Convention Center. Click here for more information
The state of Alabama has been saving taxpayers money by cutting energy costs of state government agencies.
Read the 2013 report here.
Click here for results of our 2013 energy priorities and policies survey.
Phone: (334) 242-5290